FIND ME A SONG

It was a Saturday morming.

In fact, we can say that it was an ordinary winter day. The breeze leaking through the sills made one feel the presence of the freezing weather outside. I was curled up in bed, waiting motionless. I  said, 'I wish I could stay in my warm bed a little longer.' But then I felt ashamed when I thought of those who didn't even have a bed, let alone a warm bed. In order not to suffer any more, I laid down, closed my eyes tightly and tried to think of other things. When I thought about the homework and the tests to finish, I pulled the quilt over my head trying to erase this image. I waited for my mom to come and wake me up.

 After knocking twice on the door, my mom entered my room and sat next to my bed. She was watching me with loving eyes while caressing my face from my forehead to my hair with her fimgers. Of course, I didn't open my  eyes right away. She slowly leaned over and whispered into my ear;

 “Come on, find me a song today.”

Suddenly my eyes opened in surprise. "Huh?" I said.

With a smile on her face, she repeated: "Come on, find me a song today."

“What song?” I said.

“It's a very simple song. It has some details. Get up, I'll tell you."

She left the room. I started to think to myself. I found it strange that she asked me for a song when there were technological opportunies that she could easily use. I was also curious. I got out of bed and changed my clothes. Then I stood in front of her. I waited for her to tell me which song she wanted.

Of course she didn't. She wanted me to find a song not just like any other, but according to a discipline

But how?

• It must be lively and active.

• More percussion instruments should be used at the start.

• The lyrics should be understandable and beneficial.

She listed many features. I laughed from inside while she was telling me these things. I still wasn't told that I hadn’t made my bed this morning. I continued tk listen to what she said.




How hard could it be to find a song?

I'm 16  and I've listened to hundreds of songs. I mean, I love music. But as I sat at that kitchen table, I realized I actually hand’t properly listened to any song. I’d heard it but never paid attention. 

Everyone pays attention to something important. 

If your mother is in the hospital, when there is news about her, everyone will concentrate there without any difficulty. Even a child who has difficulty paying attention can concentrate on a very important task. But that morning it started from a place I would never have thought of.

My mother wanted me to do a very unimportant job very well. I thought that I hadn't even made my bed properly yet. Actually, I felt ashamed when I thought about it. I wasn't even doing  a simple chore that was my responsibility. When I did it, I was faking it.

Two voices rose inside me. Someone was shouting, "Don't ruin my Saturday by doing nonsense." The other one was saying, look, if you just become disciplined, something will change in your life. My pride was shattered when I saw that I couldn't do such a simple thing. I was embarrassed by the part of me that wanted to say 'This app is so ridicuouls '. I had a headache.

But arrogance was a big mistake. Luckily, I didn't succumb to it on Saturday. Come on girl, I said to myself, you can do it. I started to concentrate on that one simple thing. First I went and made my bed properly. I had to be aware of my responsibilities. I should have paid the right price.

When people can take responsibility for simple things, will their consciousness increase?

People first underestimate what they can’t do. When they get arrogant about it but then still fail, they have to choose:

Two options;

• Either they concentrate on doing it and continue.

• Or, unable to do so, they start to throw a tantrum, accousing everything else but themselves.

I told myself that I should regret my mistakes. I made a mistake, and I insisted on it. I need to fix myself.

Does starting by asking questions open awareness?

“Local or foreign?” I asked. 

She said its words should be meaningful. 

“She said it doesn't matter.” 

I laughed involuntarily when I remembered the lyrics of a foreign song that is very popular these days. 'Turkish songs would be easier,' I thought to myself.

I wanted to do this before I start my breakfast. I made a list,

• First, those whose words are benefitial

• Then the lively ones

• Lastly, those which start with percussion insturments

I was refreshed, there was no trace of the drowsiness I felt when I woke up. While short, cheerful music was playing rapidly in the house, my mother said that I had to decide on my choices within an hour.

Then it happened spontaneously. I completed the selections by listening only to the first 15 seconds. And finally I found the song that I was looking for.

The first key to success; Simply being disciplined

I completed the mission successfully. My mother didn't say anything. But from the expression on her face, I realized that she also saw me making my bed.

I saw that the method of educating a person is also the method of educating yourself.




While I was looking around with pleasure, the books on her desk did not seem boring at all. I slowly sat down in my study chair and put the homework I found the most difficult in front of me.

While I was watching the street from the window, my mom entered my room with a tray in her hand. The intense scent of coffee and the appetizing scent of orange cake filled the room. 

We watched silently out the window with the deep peace felt by happy and successful people.

How strange it was that a person became happy when they did a simple task in the best way possible.


&

Experiential Design Teaching (Deneyimsel Tasarım Öğretisi ) enables us to make our lives easier with consistent, applicable, understandable and useful information. With this information, people learn how to establish a better relationship with their family, friends and children, how to be happy with their spouse, how to communicate more effectively with their boss, colleague and customer.


"Since humanity came into being on earth,

His greatest friend and enemy has never changed.

The person in the mirror...

Discover what you can do alone!”

Yahya Hamurcu


Yorumlar