If There Is A Will There Is A Way

Deneyimsel Tasarım Öğretisi

 IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY

After a good nights sleep I woke up at 05:00 o’clock sharp, feeling good and energetic. It was the big day, I had a new job interview in a few hours. 

It had been a habit of mine for a long time, waking up early and jogging. I still had my alarm clock at my bedside, not to use it to wake me up but to refresh memories of the old days. It was a birthday gift from my father many years ago. I remembered it like it was yesterday, how I was so excited opening that beautiful package with blue ribbons. "Those were the days without any worries" I said to myself, half smiling. Couldn’t we stay as children and never grow up? 

Coming back to the present day, I started stretching. Memories should wait for a while. 

Getting this job was very impotant for me. The economy was bad and unemployment was high in the country, newspapers were saying. People couldn’t find jobs.  Even if they gratuated from universities, finding a job anywhere in any position was like a miracle. I wondered, was it really that bad?

"Today, I shouldn’t think about things that will upset me." I told myself.    

I had a long day ahead of me. My job interview was at 10 o’clock and the place I was going was far away. I didn’t know the area well, so I had to leave early to be on the safe side. After all I wasn’t invited to a job interview every week.

What if I missed the bus and got late for my job interview? I quickly dismissed the thought. It wasn’t the right time to loose my motivation so I concentrated on my speech, what I should be saying during the interview and should not be saying at all. 

I organized my outfit before I went to bed last night so I didn’t have to worry about that. My shoes were polished last week. Mom ironed my shirt and trousers very neatly as usual. I was going to wear one of my father’s jacket. Mom fixed it to fit me just perfectly. I wore it before to my previous job interview last month. So I didn’t have to worry about my looks, thanks to mom.  

Deneyimsel tasarım öğretisi

After jogging for 20 minutes I felt very good. Took my shower which made me feel even better, got dressed and was ready for breakfast.  

My sisters and little brother were still sleeping. Mom was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us. I had a feeling that it was going to be a fine day for all of us. "Job, wait for me I’m coming!" I found myself saying.

I thought of my father. I wished he was here with us. It had been three years since he passed away. I was missing him so much, we all were missing him but life was going on, we had to move on. He would want us to be strong and go on with our lives, I thought. He wasn’t here with us maybe but somehow I felt he was watching us from somewhere. He would be very proud of me if I got the job. He always used to say;

"If there is a will, there is a way."

At 7:30 I was ready for the day ahead of me. 

It took me two hours to get to the company where I was expected. It was a well known textile company with very good reputation. 

The building was huge, it looked like, how can I say, rich, very impressive. I wondered how many people were working there. A thousand? Next week it could be one thousand and one, I thought. Why not?

I took the elevator going up to the 7th floor. The building had 17 floors l counted while killing time outside. Surprisingly I was feeling calm which was a good thing, I guessed. 

Exactly at 10 o’clock I was knocking on the door of the director of Human Resources. He wanted to interview me, If I got the job, I would be working for him, that’s what I was told. 

Deneyimsel tasarım öğretisi

After half an hour I found  myself in the elevator going down. It all happened so fast I couldn’t figure out if it went well or not. The only thing I kept remembering while going down was; 

"It was a pleasure meeting you, we’ll be in touch." 

Was this a good thing or not? 

On my way home I stopped by the grocery store to buy some vegetables and fruit. Everything was so expensive, so I only bought what mom told me to buy. I ran into one of my neighborhood friend. He looked upset. Apparantly they were moving back to their hometown because his father couldn’t find a job. I tried to cheer him up, said that maybe things would be much better and that we should never loose hope.

The next day was the turning point in my life."The job interview went well" someone was saying on the phone, I was hired.

A whole new life and good hard work was waiting for me…

  

Yorumlar

  1. Teşekkürler ellerinize sağlık herkesin ihtiyacı olan bilgiler.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Bu kıymetli bilgiler her dilde böyle sade yalın ve anlaşılabilir anlatılmalıydı da.. Yüreğinize sağlık 🌸

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Gülfem Türker26 Ekim 2022 07:36

    Hoping that we make the right choices most of the time and learn from our mistakes if not.🍃

    YanıtlaSil
  4. 'If there is a will, there is a way'
    Her zaman bir yolu var. Yeter ki insan bedelden kaçmasın. Emeğinize sağlık.

    YanıtlaSil
  5. Nice to hear these stories that we can relate to

    YanıtlaSil
  6. It's realle a thought-provoking, understandable, well-written article. Many thanks 🧡

    YanıtlaSil
  7. There is something beyond being prepared which is transforming to your target. Whenever you transform it is becoming your life style. And people who transform to their target is becomes successful.

    Thanks for this beautiful article 💫

    YanıtlaSil
  8. Gülbahar Yurdusever30 Ekim 2022 13:24

    Loosing hope is loosing energy of life... Everybody want to be happy, but forget asking true question. "Okey, what we gonna do know?What's next?"

    YanıtlaSil
  9. Thanks for this beautiful real life article 😊

    YanıtlaSil
  10. Excellent motivation & giving hope and strategies to those looking for.a job and a New start

    YanıtlaSil
  11. No matter how hard something is.Just take a step in spite of your fear or hopelessness..!
    Thx for the well written article 🌿

    YanıtlaSil
  12. Işıl Sezer31 Ekim 2022 08:22

    Never loose hope

    YanıtlaSil
  13. Hayel Kamacı3 Kasım 2022 00:00

    I found something about my own life in this story. What an excellent article.💫

    YanıtlaSil
  14. merve buyuran3 Kasım 2022 22:21

    kaleminize sağlık..

    YanıtlaSil

Yorum Gönder